Friday, April 1, 2016

A Levered Calla Garden

Hello everyone,

Today's fancy fold birthday card is one of three attempts that eventually succeeded.




















The card base is Bazzill White.  The layers are Stampin' Up Old Olive and Mossy Meadow.  The images are Stampin' Up Remarkable You stamped in StazOn Jet Black and coloured with Stampin' Up Cameo Coral, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Melon Mambo, More Mustard, Old Olive, Orchid Opulence, Rose Red and Wild Wasabi watercolour crayons.  The sentiment is Serendipity stamped in StazOn Jet Black.  The embellishments are White Opal and Avocado Liquid Pearls.

I think part of the reason why I had so many problems with these lever cards is because I couldn't settle on a style, colour or technique.  This was the first base that I had prepped before realizing that it wasn't going to work with the printed paper that I had cut.  I didn't want to throw it out.  Once I finally got the hang of things, I realized that I could layer with the Mossy Meadow.  I already had the watercolour crayons out so I figured I'd try them on these flowers.  No disappointment there!  I was inspired to layer the Mossy Meadow and Old Olive after seeing how well two greens worked on the leaves.  No disappointment there either!  I love this card!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment