Thursday, April 14, 2016

Birds and Cattails

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another French sympathy card for my stash.


The image is Memory Box Cattails Birds stamped in Stampin' Up Soft Suede on Very Vanilla and layered on Soft Suede, Bazzill Bitter Chocolate and more Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and layered on more Bitter Chocolate.  The image and sentiment are layered on Ranger Mustard Green, Chestnut Brown and Nutmeg alcohol inked glossy paper and more Bitter Chocolate.  The banners are punched from more Very Vanilla.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

I have so enjoyed using some of the alcohol inked background papers with which I often experiment.  In this particular case, I thought the browns of the alcohol inks would work beautifully with the simple image.  Did they ever!  The sentiment element was just a little too large for the width of the background panel so I thought it was inspired to place it on an angle.  Once I started angling, the banners also just seemed to align naturally.  Another decision I didn't regret in any way.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment