Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Birthday Books

Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I spent an afternoon stamping at a neighbor's and crafted a great bunch of cards.


The printed paper is October Afternoon Reading layered on Stampin' Up More Mustard and Night of Navy.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Joyful Birthday stamped in Midnight Muse on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Night of Navy and More Mustard.  The chevron banners were punched from Night of Navy and More Mustard.

This was another commissioned card.  A colleague's brother is a professor with a great love of books.  Using this paper for his birthday card was pretty straight forward.  I kept the card layout pretty simple because I didn't want to cover up any more of the book titles than necessary.  I didn't add any kind of embellishments outside the chevron banners again, so as much of the printed paper stayed visible.  I love the final result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment