Saturday, April 30, 2016

Butterflies Three

Hello everyone,

Today's feminine French birthday card has taken me days to craft.  Not so much fun!


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a shimmery brushed gold also of unknown origin.  The images are Altenew Painted Butterflies stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso and More Mustard, and Close To My Heart Blush on a Vanilla of unknown origin.  The butterflies were die cut from the coordinating Altenew die.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Early Espresso on more Vanilla and layered on more brushed gold.  The embellishments are Doodlebug mini pearls.

Finding inks that worked with this flower almost drove me insane.  I finally had to put this card aside otherwise it would have ended up in the garbage.  I finally settled on More Mustard and Blush and I think it works well.  I used the second impression on the butterfly in the bottom right to make it a little more pale and I think its pretty good.  The Blush isn't as much of a contrast as I'd hoped but sometimes, you just have to settle.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment