Thursday, April 7, 2016

Dad's Plaid

Hello everyone,

Today's post is an awesome neutral/masculine birthday card.


The printed papers are Close To My Heart Roxie layered on Recollections Black.  The images are Close To My Heart Brushed stamped in Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf and Stampin' Up Crumbcake and Always Artichoke, and layered on Recollections Black.  The sentiment is also Close To My Heart Brushed stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Roxie.  The embellishments are My Mind's Eye Sleigh Bells Ring wood dots.

I love using plaid for masculine cards.  I wasn't sure about this particular red plaid, but my Dad loved red plaid and if it was good enough for him, it's good enough for this card.  The wood dots compliment the plaid in an outdoorsy way in the best possible manner.  The colours of the brushstrokes were also chosen because they invoke nature even though they're 'looser' than the fine, straight lines of the plaid.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment