Monday, April 4, 2016

More Watercolored Blossoms

Hello everyone,

I just couldn't resist playing with the watercolour crayons a little more.


The image is Stampin' Up Bloom With Hope stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla, painted with Bravo Burgundy, Rich Razzleberry, Ridinghood Red, Only Orange, Summer Sun watercolour crayons and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy To Be Friends stamped in Soft Suede,  The images are layered on textured Soft Suede and Bravo Burgundy.  The embellishments are Gold Pearl Liquid Pearls.

I had nothing in particular in mind when I first starting stamping this panel.  I really was just playing with crayons and bits that were lying around on my very messy desk.  I was experimenting with shading by coloring very heavily in some spots and very lightly on others then blending with an almost dry brush.  Using a really light touch offered the kind of results I was hoping for.  I'm going to keep at it because I think I want to see where it goes.  By the way, applying a touch of Wink of Stella over the painted image evened out the blending even more.  Beautiful!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment