Sunday, April 3, 2016

Painted Water Lilies

Hello everyone,

You can't mess around with images and not end up with some extras.  Today's card uses some practice images done in anticipation of Friday's card.


The image is Stampin' Up Remarkable You stamped in StazOn Jet Black on Bazzill White and painted with Bravo Burgundy, Garden Green, Handsome Hunter, Rich Razzleberry and Wild Wasabi watercolour crayons.  The image is layered on Recollections White and Bravo Burgundy.  The sentiment is Avery Elle So Happy stamped in Bravo Burgundy.  The embellishment is Kaisercraft Wooden Flourishes Magical Butterflies.

I really do like using watercolour crayons.  They actually give me the illusion that I can paint and colour.  If I've not used them in a while however, I get rusty and the results are not always the best.  Thankfully, I've absolutely mastered the art of the 'cover-up'!  This great wooden butterfly is strategically placed to hide the most unsightly of smooshes.  What could have been garbage, actually turned out not too bad at all.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment