Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Botanical Happiness

Hello everyone,

As I was choosing yesterday's paper, I saw this piece with a butterfly and was inspired.


The printed paper is Momenta Denise Urban layered on Close To My Heart Chocolate.  The image is Stampin' Up Both Way Blossoms stamped in StazOn Timber Brown on Recollections Vanilla and painted with LuminArte Bolivian Blue, Carribean Mist and Olive Vine.  The image is layered on more Chocolate.  The sentiment is Avery Elle So Happy stamped in StazOn Timber Brown and layered on more Chocolate.  The card is highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999 and Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

Even though I don't stamp this image all that often, I really like it.  The clean lines and height are really appealing.  It took me a while to find paint colours to coordinate with the butterfly and they're still much brighter than I'd hoped.  I like the sentiment placement over the flower but could have easily placed a ribbon here instead.  Notwithstanding my 'criticisms', it's a great card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment