Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Blues

Hello everyone,

Today's card is a way of telling someone they'll saying you'll pull through even if life's a mess.


The images are Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge stamped in Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Bordering Blue and Brocade Blue, and Close To My Heart Twilight.  The sentiment is Avery Elle Brushed stamped in Midnight Muse.  The embellishments are Denim Oregon Raindrops.

I've done a similar card in the past but not on a single layer.  It's a rather messy card but the strong, bold sentiment rises above the mess just as the sentiment rises above the 'grunge'.  I wanted to change up the colours from all the green I've been stamping this past week so turned to the multitude of blue inks my stash.  This card is so out of my comfort zone but I also find it quite appealing.  I'm at a loss to explain why.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment