Saturday, July 16, 2016

A Very Special Anniversary

Hello everyone,

My creativity is at a somewhat low ebb at the moment so I'm only crafting and posting ad hoc over the summer.

This particular card was commissioned by a girlfriend who needed a special card for a priest's 25th anniversary in the priesthood.


The image is DeNami Design Cross stamped in Tsukinko Starlite Black on Recollections white and layered on Recollections Mercury Glass and a shimmery grey and a shimmery onyx of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Stampendous Special Messages also stamped in Tsukinko Starlite Black.

Twenty-five years in the priesthood is very special and I think this card speaks very well to this occasion.  Despite using layers of shimmery papers, until I added the silver Mercury Glass paper, the card was a little flat.  This Tsukinko ink coordinates very well with the papers as it also has a shimmer to it.  I debated adding embellishments but I felt this sophisticated elegance was just enough.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment