Sunday, August 28, 2016

Butterflies And Bling

Hello everyone,

This is the last card using up the bright coloured card bases.  Overall, I think this set of cards turned out rather well.  I'd step out of my comfort zone and use them without hesitation.


The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket DeLovely layered on a white of unknown origin and Stampin' Up Mango Mambo.  The images are Close To My Heart Your Own Kind Of Wonderful stamped in Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf on more white of unknown origin and layered on more Melon Mambo.  The sentiment, also from the Your Own Kind Of Wonderful set, is stamped in Melon Mambo.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone Strips.

I couldn't craft a set of cards without using butterflies somewhere and this is the one!  I decided that I'd double stamp some of the butterflies to get a somewhat mottled impression.  The actual card is better than the photo.  If you're going to acknowledge someones special day, a little bit of bling is in order.  These embellishments have an opalescent quality to them that is really lovely with the greens and pink.  The placement on the printed paper (a scrap) makes them appear to be exploding.  Just lovely!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment