Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Card and Studio

Hello everyone,

Today's post uses more of the smooshed paper I've gotten stashed away.


The image is Joy Crafts 6410/0336 stamped in Stampin' Up Always Artichoke on Recollections White and layered on Mossy Meadow, Close To My Heart Vineyard Berry, and Ranger alcohol-inked glossy paper.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The banners were punched from leftover Vineyard Berry.  The embellishments are Multicrafts Keepsakes Memories.

This card came together quite quickly once I'd settled on the alcohol-inked element.  The hardest part was the placement of the image as it's somewhat smaller than the background layers.  I didn't want to cover up too much of the alcohol-inked piece however as I find it particularly interesting.  The sentiment was also a bit challenging because it needed to be just the right size and font.  Oh the trials and tribulations of cardmaking.

While speaking with a new cardmaking friend today, she was wondering about my studio space.  I'd posted an image a number of years back but I've added a few things since then so decided an update was in order.  The wooden drawers on the left side of the photo once held my father's sandpaper in his workshop.  Since he passed away a few years ago, it's rare that I don't think of him whenever I sit down at my desk.  I really enjoy my space and regularly while away quite a lot of time here.


I hope you enjoy today's card and this small glimpse into my crafting world.  Please come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment