Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Layers And Textures

Hello everyone,

I've really enjoyed the boy card but decided it was time to man it up a little.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on textured brown of unknown origin (likely Bazzill), and Stampin' Up Crushed Curry.  The sentiment is Impression Obsession Vertical Greeting stamped in Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi on Whisper White.  The remaining green elements are Wild Wasabi.  The embellishments are Recollections Cork Dots.

It can be rather challenging to craft masculine cards but I always have a few tricks to help the process just a bit.  I always try to find a great piece of printed paper.  I love to use layers and texture.  In this case the coloured papers coordinate well with the printed paper.  There are also multiple textures at play - the brown layer, the green strip which went through the crimper and the cork dots, which also speak to the trees in the printed paper.  I can't seem to help using the banners, especially in the sweet spot!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment