Saturday, August 6, 2016

Layers of Leftovers

Hello everyone,

Sometimes leftovers are the absolute best!


The image is an Elizabeth Craft Designs outline sticker affixed to vellum and painted with LuminArte Green Tea, Icicles, Twilight and Wine and Roses Twinkling H2Os.  The image is layered on a piece of watercolour paper smooshed with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons and Stampin' Up Blackberry Bliss and Recollections Mercury Glass.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself stamped in Tsukineko Mediterranean Blue ink on Very Vanilla.

Today's card all started with this tiny punched sentiment.  I don't recall on which card I originally intended to use it and it's been floating around my desk for months.  I also had this scrap of watercolour paper leftover from my sister's card from a couple of days ago.  I thought the blue ink of the sentiment worked well with the scrap piece and basically just ran with it from there.  I hadn't intended to use any type of image but once I had it all together, there was this huge space that needed something but nothing on hand worked.  I decided to customize an outline sticker and couldn't be more happy with the results.  I especially love how I was able to coordinate with the background element.  This butterfly was so much fun, I just had to try the effect with a few other stickers - more to follow!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment