Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Busy Background

Hello everyone,

I still have quite a few pieces of shaving cream papers so I can't promise this won't be the last card using it.


The printed paper was made using the shaving cream technique with Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and River Rock ink on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Stampin' Up River Rock.  The background images are Impression Obsession Large Flourishes stamped in Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and River Rock.  The sentiment is Stamp Barn stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

This is another of those somewhat awkward pieces of printed paper that I wasn't certain how I wanted to make work.  When I first laid it against the card base I felt it needed something.  I thought the background stamping, which I've done before and really liked, would be the things.  I think though, that I should have stopped with three, one in each colour, on only a single side.  This card has ended up looking way more busy than I wanted and, in my opinion, more than a sympathy card ought to be.  I don't know if I'll be able to live with it or will redo the card base before I put it in my stash.  Not my finest result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment