Thursday, October 13, 2016

Enchanted Flight

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another card for one of my cousins.


The primary is Stamp Barn Enchanted Hollow stamped with a variety of water spritzed Stampin' Up watercolor crayons on Recollections White.  The birds are Verve Forever In Our Hearts stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Lightening Black.  The focal image is layered on Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper, Recollections White and Stmapin' Up Mossy Meadow.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes also stamped in Tuskineko Brilliance Lightening Black.

This watercolour crayon technique is one that I've not used in quite some time.  It can be a tricky thing to attempt because it really hinges on the amount of water that is spritzed.  Too much and it will be a blotchy mess.  Too little and the image won't stamp very clearly.  I took a risk by stamping on regular paper as opposed to watercolour paper which is usually much more forgiving.  This particular stamp always seems to work well with watercolour crayons.

My cousins all have an affinity for the great outdoors, something my uncle took care to instill.  All of the cards I'm crafting have a very natural feel which I think and hope they'll appreciate.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment