Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fabulous Floral

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the card I crafted for my eldest sister who celebrated her birthday last week.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a rust red of unknown origin (likely Bazzill) and Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonder.  The image is Memory Box Tissue Flower stamped in StazOn Olive Green on Recollections White and layered on more rust red and Close To My Heart New England Ivy.  The image was painted with LuminArte Dreamsicle, Olive Vine and Rose Gold Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Perfect Punches also stamped in Olive Green on Recollections White.  The embellishments are Recollections Circus Epoxy Stickers.

My daughter boards with my sister during the university school year and we are so grateful.  I wanted to craft a special card that would really show our appreciation.  Whenever I'm crafting a card for my sister, I look at poppy images because she has a poppy print that is utterly gorgeous in her home.  This flower reminds me of a poppy.  I attempted to paint it while keeping the 'tissue' aspect intact.  I think I succeeded fairly well.  I wouldn't normally pair purple and rust together but it worked in the printed paper so I felt it would be a pretty safe colour combination.  I could have layered with more purple instead of green but I wanted the image to pop and the green does that.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment