Friday, October 14, 2016

Finely Feathered

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the last of the cards I've crafted for my aunt and cousins.


The background paper is Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper layered on Recollections White and Close To My Heart Peacock.  The images are Stampin' Up Four Feathers stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Starlite Black on Recollections White and die cut with Sizzix Feathers Framelits.  The sentiment is Gina K Framed Greetings also stamped in Starlite Black on Recollections White and layered on Recollections Mercury Glass.  The embellishment is Queen & Company Mermaid Marble Rox.

I knew I would use these feathers stamps when I started this series of cards.  Though I had a design in mind, it's rarely as easy to implement as I think it will be.  This is actually my second attempt.  The first try was pretty much a disaster when I tried to stamp the background with the feathers but it ended up terrible.  The ink smooshed and it looked like an afterthought.  I think leaving the background alone was a much better choice.  I had not originally planned to layer the sentiment but the Mercury Glass paper provides some heft not only to the sentiment but also the feathers hanging down.  A tough card to craft but not a bad result in the end.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment