Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Happy Hubby

Hello everyone,

Last week we celebrated hubby's birthday.  I think this card is one the my favourites.


The image is a Sandylion Essentials Golfing sticker affixed to Stampin' Up Whisper White and layered on a silver of unknown origin and Basic Black.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The banners were punched from a variety of scrap pieces of various, unknown origin.

I think I love this card so much because it's very simple with just little hints of colour that coordinate with the image.  It came together pretty easily once I'd figured out the elements.  The hardest part was selecting a sentiment that fit because I, rather dumbly, placed the sticker before stamping the sentiment.  It's a good thing I've a number of 'happy birthday' sentiments to choose from.  This sentiment not only fit the space but the angle of the font is speaks remarkably well to the angle of the golf club.  The type of happy accident that I love.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

PS - Hubby loved the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment