Friday, November 4, 2016

Beautifully Bold

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card is not necessarily for everyone.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Close To My Heart Clover Meadow and Honey.  The sentiment is Stampabilities Happy Birthday 10 stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Honey.  The butterfly embellishment was punched from a piece of watercolour paper smooshed with LuminArte Coral Berry, Deep Coral, Dreamsicle and Ginger Peach Twinkling H2Os.  The embellishment is EK Success Harvest Dots.

This commission didn't specify anything more than birthday cards so I've just given my creativity free reign.  It's been rather liberating.  I find a piece of paper that I like and just run with it.  This is one of those cards that I didn't think about all that much but just let is come.  This paper is bold and loud and, for some reason, I find it really appealing.  I chose this simply scripted sentiment because I liked the contrast against the busy background.  I found this watercolour paper in my stash and couldn't believe that it actually worked so perfectly with the background paper.  It was probably done years ago so that it works is very much a happy accident.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment