Monday, November 21, 2016

Butterfly Wings

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card post is all butterflies.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Close To My Heart Twilight and Desert Sand.  The sentiment is Crafters Companion Die'sire Happy Birthday die cut from Twilight, layered on Recollections Vanilla and more Desert Sand, and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The butterflies are Joy Crafts 6002/0322 die cut from a purple of unknown origin.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Purple Glitter Gems.

Believe it or not every once in a while I come across butterflies that don't do a whole heck of a lot for me.  This is one of those papers.  While I really love the butterfly images, the background colour is a weird grey/brown/beige that is really not all that appealing.  The actual colours of the butterflies are not all that bad (thank goodness) but the purple is just a little harsh in comparison to all the other colours.  All this said, I was determined to make a beautiful card.  I figured with my stash of all things butterfly and a little glitter, I could succeed.  I think this is a great card, much better in real life than in this photo.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle
.

No comments:

Post a Comment