Sunday, November 27, 2016

For A Cowboy

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card commissioned by a colleague for her son's first birthday.


The printed papers are Best Creation Inc. Cowboy Up! layered on Recollections Vanilla. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Sassy Salutations stamped in Close To My Heart Outdoor Denim on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more printed paper.  The name was stamped with an alphabet of unknown origin in Ridinghood Red on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more patterned paper.  The card was distressed by sponging a variety of inks.  The star embellishments are of unknown origin.

My colleague didn't have a theme planned for her son's birthday and gave me licence to just 'go for it'.  I was inspired to craft this card card because months ago, she sent me a photo of her son in a cowboy hat and it was just too cute.  I don't think I've ever used so much patterned paper on a single card before but it really works.  My colleague's personal style is quite modern so I was confident I could stretch my comfort zone.  The gold stars just add to the overall yee haw!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment