Monday, November 7, 2016

Little Black Birds

Hello everyone,

As dark and dusty as yesterday card was, today's post is much lighter and utterly inspired by nature.


The printed paper is of unknown origin.  The background image is Stampin' Up You've Got This stamped in Nick Bantock Chartreuse Leaf on Whisper White.  The image is Memory Box Thicket Birds stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The sentiment is Creative Expression Amazing Sentiments also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are from Fabricland.

I've taken advantage of crafting such a large number of cards to use some stamps that I don't get to all that often.  This is a very minimalist stamp but it really packs an image punch.  I don't know why I don't use it more often.  The background image is a 'second impression' technique as the green ink would have been a little too strong otherwise.  I chose this background image because it really mirrors the printed background paper.  I debated adding a black ribbon instead of the silver dots.  I thought without the ribbon, the card really is quite neutral and I do this these mirrored silver dots work either way.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment