Saturday, November 5, 2016

More Pretty Purple

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another study in coordinating patterns.


The printed papers are of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Happy Birthday stamped in Close To My Heart Smokey Plum on Recollections Vanilla.  The ribbon is American Crafts.  The embellishments are Lavender Stickles.

The only reason I chose these patterns is because they are the flip sides of each other and I was pretty confident they were meant to work together.  These violets and plaid are really quite vintage but I didn't want this card to be old fashioned so I used a more modern vertical sentiment.  It also goes with all of the other vertical elements.  The vertical application of the Stickles was done for the same reason.  I love these Rubbernecker stamps but they are not the easiest to use as I find because they are not all that substantial, they can be challenging to get a decent impression.  This particular one took multiple attempts.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment