Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Red And Gold

Hello everyone,

The next couple of posts are special Christmas cards which a colleague commissioned for his wife and daughter to coordinate with the awesome trip he's arranged for them.


The card base is Artoz Klondike.  The layers are Toga l'or de Bombay, a foiled red of unknown origin, and a mirror gold of unknown origin, The top layer is embossed with Ultimate Crafts Christmas Poinsettia embossing folder and highlighted with Xmas Red Stickles.  The vertical element is Little Yellow Bicycle Lace Paper Poinsettia.  The sentiment is Verve Glad Tiding stamped in Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler on a shimmery vanilla of unknown origin.

The theme of these two cards is Christmas in Spain.  I couldn't find a particular Spanish Christmas element to use so I turned to the colours of Spain, red and gold.  I choose to use the poinsettia on this card because I had this beautiful embossing folder that I'd yet to play with.  I also thought the strip of glitter poinsettia paper would be utterly striking against this mirror gold.  The most challenging part of this card was taking the photo because my camera really didn't like this shiny gold paper.  I think this is one of the most beautiful Christmas cards I've ever crafted.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment