Sunday, November 13, 2016

Roses Are Red

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another lovely floral birthday card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Close To My Heart Blush.  The image is Stampin' Up Both Way Blossoms stamped in Tombow 158 and 837 on Recollections White and layered on more Blush.  The sentiment is Gina K Labeled With Love stamped in Tombow 837.  The ribbon is Crafts.  The embellishments Mark Richards 3mm Gold Metals.

These are two more stamps that I've not used in eons.  The Both Way Blossoms set is from 2006.  It's a set of four stamps that has the full bloom on one end and the bud on the other.  It's a very striking set and though I love it, I don't use it that often.  It's a fairly long stamp and can be hard to fit on even a large card base.  I chose this rose because I felt it 'spoke' really well to the roses on the printed paper.  I'd never thought about stamping each end of the stamp in the same direction - kind of a 'duh' moment.  I can't wait to try it with the other stamps.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment