Saturday, November 26, 2016

Subtly Sparkly

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last birthday card in the commissioned series I've been crafting for the past month.  It's been a really fun series and my card making mojo has been in high gear.


The printed papers are of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Pale Plum.  The image is Stampin' Up Wild Flower Meadow stamped in Pale Plum on Very Vanilla, layered on more printed paper and highlighted with Diamond Stickles.  The sentiment is Sweet & Sassy Script Birthdays stamped in Bordering Blue and also highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

I apologize in advance for the photo.  I accidentally deleted the original and did a retake in my dining room, at night, without the best lighting.  I find taking decent pictures enough of a challenge and cards with this much pink are especially frustrating as they tend to end up having a yellow or orange tinge.  In deference to the muted background paper, I wanted to keep the stamped image rather subtle.  I used my MISTI because this image is quite large and it worked so easily.  I chose this image because the background dots are perfect for Stickles and it was the perfect way to add glitter.  I used a printed blue for layering because there is a subtle blue line in the paper. It's a little stronger than I'd like and in hindsight I should have gone with a more greyish blue tone.  I love the Bordering Blue sentiment, it's more what I'd hoped for in the blue tones.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment