Thursday, December 1, 2016

Red And Gold II

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the second Spanish themed Christmas card commissioned by a colleague.


The card base is Artoz Klondike.  The layers are three gold papers and a shimmery red paper of unknown origin.  The top mirror gold layer is embossed with Couture Creations Baubles And Baubles embossing folder.  The sentiment is Verve Glad Tidings stamped in Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler on a shimmery vanilla of unknown origin.  The embellishments are TPC Studio Rustic Garden mini jewels.

Once I got started with the Spanish theme and had great success with yesterday's card, I couldn't help but to make a second attempt.  This mirror gold paper embosses beautifully and the impact is incredible.  The layers of gold against this rich, shimmery red is stunning!  This was actually a very simple card because I was intent on having as much mirror gold visible for embossing as possible.  I don't know if I'll have a chance to craft more Christmas cards in this style but I'll certainly keep them in mind for next year's cards.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment