Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Poppy Perfection

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a card that I just find simply beautiful.


The image is Altenew Painted Poppy stamped in Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler and Ridinghood Red, and Altenew Green Fields on Recollections White.  The image were cut with the coordinating Altenew Painted Poppy die.  The sentiment is Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamped in Evergreen.

The simplicity of this poppy flower and bud screamed for a clean and simple card.  I love the contrast of the flower against the kraft card base.  This was the first time I'd used this set and I didn't manage to get the die perfectly aligned before I passed it through the Big Shot.  Practice will make perfect.  I used Stampin' Up ink for flower because I wasn't crazy about the set of Altenew red inks as they were just a little too pink.  I didn't add any embellishments because I was intent on keeping the card as simple as possible.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment