Monday, January 23, 2017

Rose Buds

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the result of playing with one of the new Altenew sets that arrived in the mail this week.


The background image is Hero Arts Old Letter Writing stamped in Altenew Morning Frost on a white of unknown origin.  The images are Altenew Remember This stamped in Coral Berry, Evergreen, Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf, Grapevine and Ruby Red, and were die cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is Joy Crafts 6410/0308 Sayings stamped in Lava Rock and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The focal panel is layered on Close To My Heart Pomegranate and Ponderosa Pine.

I have to say, Altenew ink and the Sakura pen are just magic together!  I find Joy Crafts acrylic stamps don't necessarily take ink all that well so I often use VersaMark to get a better impression.  That didn't work with the Altenew inks so I tried applying the Sakura pen as I've found that is often enough to fix any blotchiness.  It just turned out beautifully!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment