Saturday, January 7, 2017

Roses Three

Hello everyone,

Often during holidays I take the opportunity to clean up my workspace.  This year however I spent time playing with some new and rarely used stamps sets and Altenew inks.  It was a productive time.


The image is Altenew Painted Flowers stamped in Altenew Rose Petal, Frayed Leaf and Forrest Glades ink on a white of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions Petite Scribbled Sentiments 'Everyday' stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The image panel is layered on Recollections Black, LuminArte Twinkling H20 painted watercolour paper, and a distress brushed silver of unknown origin.

I've always loved multi-step stamps and Altenew has some of the most wonderful sets.  They can however be rather complex but once you've got them figured out, they are a joy to use.  It just takes some time and over the holidays I was determined to take the time to play.  I sat at my desk with You Tube on my tablet and just went to town.  It really helped to have the Altenew inks on hand as they are categorized into sets of four that are meant to work together.  I didn't worry about what the final card was going to be, I just took some blank paper and started stamping, figuring out the rest when I was ready to put some cards together.  It's not the usual way I get creative but in the case of this card as well as the next few, it worked really well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment