Thursday, January 19, 2017

Solitary Flight

Hello everyone,

We're in the midst of a cold and snowy January so I just had to craft a sweet and sunny card.


The images are Altenew Painted Butterflies stamped on a vanilla of unknown origin in Altenew Espresso and Shades of Purple, and Golden Garden stamped in Altenew Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Warm Sunshine, and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The image panel is layered on Close To My Heart Honey and Topiary.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions Petite Scribbled Sentiments 'Occasions' stamped in Forest Glades.  The embellishments are Crafts.

I've had such a wonderful time playing with the Altenew stamps.  This Golden Garden has actually been the most challenging.  It's a two step stamp but no where near as straight forward as some of the other sets.  I love this purple butterfly (many more to come) as it really pops against the yellow in the flowers.  I've seen so many seemingly randomly placed embellishments so I thought I'd give it a try.  I thought it would be easy but it took me forever to find a way that was pleasing to the eye.  I don't think I'm quite there yet.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment