Sunday, January 1, 2017

Spectacular Shades of Blue

Happy New Year everyone!

Today's card uses another treasure I pulled out my stash.


The printed paper was made using the shaving cream technique with a variety of Stampin' Up and Nick Bantock re-inkers on Recollections White and is layered on a white and light blue of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Avery Elle So Happy stamped in Altenew Sapphire on more white of unknown origin and layered on more light blue of unknown origin.  The banners are punched from a scrap of silver of unknown origin and are highlighted with Purple Stickles.

I chose to craft a card using this shaving cream paper because I thought my brother's girlfriend would get a kick out of it.  You can still (and likely will always) catch a scent of shaving cream.  I crafted a whole bunch of shaving cream cards in mid October done with fall colours.  At the same time I was getting messy, I decided to make a few sheets in shades of blue which turned out utterly striking.  I kept this layout particularly simple because I didn't want to cover up too much of the background.  I'm glad I made quite a few of these pieces because they're just amazing!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment