Sunday, January 15, 2017

Tulips Masked

Hello everyone,

The next few posts are cards using the Altenew Tulip stamp and die sets.


The image is Altenew Tulip stamped in Green Fields and Red Sunset ink sets on a vanilla of unknown origin.  The image is layered on a shimmery white of unknown origin and a Bazzill red.  The sentiment is Gina Marie All Seasons stamped in Altenew Evergreen on more vanilla of unknown origin.

This is the first card I've crafted using this Tulip stamp set and while I didn't get it aligned perfectly, it still turned out well enough.  I did do a little touching up with markers.  I decided I'd get ambitious and try masking after watching this Jennifer McGuire You Tube video.  I hadn't done any masking since a long ago card class.  It wasn't especially difficult just a little on the fiddly side.  I used some Post It notes because that's what I had on hand but I'm sure there are better options available.  Thought I'm more than satisfied with the results, I don't think I positioned the flowers as well as I could have as they're a little too close together.  More practice!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment