Saturday, April 22, 2017

Holly On Black

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card uses another beautiful scrap of holly paper.


The printed paper is Anna Griffin layered on Stampin' Up Basic Black and Bazzill green.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Embellished Ornaments stamped in Altenew Jet Black on an unknown ivory and layered on more Basic Black.  The ribbon is Offray.

I have a number of sheets of this paper and always planned to craft a one sheet wonder but just haven't gotten around to it.  After today's card however, I'm itching to give it a go.  I so liked the black that I used on this past Wednesday's card I thought I try it again here.  The black really makes this lime green colour pop and there is enough black in the print, that it doesn't look off.  I really wanted to use some ribbon (I have tons) and decided on this black and white plaid even though the base of the paper is more of an ivory as opposed to white.  Unless you look really closely and critically, I don't think it matters over much.  I really love this card so expect a one sheet wonder soon.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment