Thursday, May 11, 2017

Lovely In Orange

Hello everyone,

I've had so much fun with the stamped backgrounds I decided see what I could do with Altenew's Extra Special set.


The background images are Gina K Timeless Textures stamped in Altenew Buttercream and and Sunkissed, and Stampin' Up Timeless Textures and Kinda Eclectic stamped in Close To My Heart Sweetleaf.  The image is Altenew Extra Special stamped on Recollections White with Firebird, Moss, Olive, Orange Cream, Pure Graphite and Sunkissed ink and cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Avant-Garden stamped in Close To My Heart Sweetleaf.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestones.

I thought it would be interesting to use a square Recollections card base and it turned out great.  I'm still playing with the layered background images as I really love the sharp images against the subtle background.  I used the square textured stamps from the Gina K set but you can't really tell because the Buttercream ink is just too soft.  I used the second impression technique for the Sweetleaf because the depth of the colour is much less strong.  The butterfly and sentiment are stamped in full strength Sweetleaf.  It's quite a difference but works really well in this case.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment