Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Nutcracker In Silver II

Hello everyone,

Today's nutcracker card tried to accomplish what Sunday's card couldn't/didn't.


The image is Tattered Lace Nutcracker die, cut from Paper Accents Mirrored Silver.  The image is layered on a piece of Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper (sponged with Colorbox white) and a silver of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Technique Tuesday Jingle All The Way stamped in Stampin' Up Midnight Muse on Whisper White.  The embellishment is Recollections.

This is more what I had in mind for Sunday's card except that the sentiment panel covers up the original smeared sentiment.  The issue is that this glossy paper is actually photographic paper and it didn't hold up at all well with the alcohol ink.  To 'fix' the problem I decided to sponge some white ink to the panel to soften the flaked off areas.  The sentiment then smooshed because the Colobox ink takes time to dry.  I don't hate this card because it turned out just fine but I don't know if I'm going to put it in the sale or send it to one of an unsuspecting recipient.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment