Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Nutcracker In Silver

Hello everyone,

Today's nutcracker card uses more of the wonderful shaving cream paper.


The image is Tattered Lace Nutcracker die cut from a mirrored silver of unknown origin.  The image is layered on more mirrored silver and Recollections White which was smooshed with blue Stampin' Up and Ranger re-inkers and shaving cream.  The sentiment is Bonnidee Layering Trees stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishment is also Recollections.

This is not the result I thought I'd get when I was putting the card together.  I don't hate this card but I'd hoped the nutcracker would pop more as would the embellishment and sentiment.  I purposefully kept the elements and layers simple but what ended up happening is that the background paper has overwhelmed everything else.  I think I would be more pleased with the results if I'd added either blue or white over the printed layer with a wide reveal.  Live and learn!  I'm not unhappy with this card, I just wish is was better.  Of course, this isn't the best photo, which doesn't help either.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment