Monday, May 1, 2017

On The Horizontal

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd finished with the Christmas cards but found some great paper (donated by Crop A While) as I was cleaning my work area and just couldn't put it away, especially when I so wanted to play with a new holiday stamp set from Altenew.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a green of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Altenew Halftone Holidays stamped in Close To My Heart Ruby and Stampin' Up Real Red on Recollections Vanilla.  The 'Christmas' was cut with a coordinating die.  The card was highlighted with Candy Cane Stickles.

I found the vintage feel of this paper very compelling.  The two tones of red in the printed paper were perfect for the two tones of the stamped sentiment.  This layout is extraordinarily straightforward.  I didn't want to cover up any more of the paper than I had to.  I spent a while looking for a green to coordinate with the holly leaves and would have liked to find one that worked just a little bit better but sometimes you just have to work with what you've got.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment