Friday, July 7, 2017

Vintage Poinsettia

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a pretty vintage poinsettia card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a gold also of unknown origin.  The image is Deep Red stamped in Stampin' Up Soft Suede on a vanilla of unknown origin.  The poinsettia is painted with LuminArte Mango Mamba, Olive Vine and Poppy Red Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker also stamped in Soft Suede on an unknown vanilla and layered on more gold.

I was in the mood for some painting and thought a little shimmer wouldn't hurt.  This is a pretty flimsy card base and it's also quite a dark red so I added a panel on the inside.  I figured with the extra panel and the top layers, it would be a little more stable.  I love this poinsettia paper and chose the image carefully because I knew I'd cut it out and didn't want anything too intricate.  I'm especially pleased with out the green leave pop!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment