Friday, August 11, 2017

A Special 80th Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a special birthday card for a friend of my Mom's.


The printed paper is Close To My Heart Brushed layered on Hollyhock and Canary.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Perfectly Penned stamped in Hollyhock of Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Hollyhock.  The ribbon is Sheer Creations.  The embellishment is K&Company DI Rough & Tumble Vehicles.  The card is highlighted with Fruit Punch Stickles.

When my mother asked for this card, she requested an airplane be included as she met her friend on a flight.  It's a little strange but they met on a plane and it is a memorable occasion that my mother wanted to acknowledge.  I hadn't intended to use the same paper as yesterday's card but it worked so well with this pink and red airplane, I didn't end up considering any others.  I will admit, I didn't have a lot of time to get creative so I decided to just keep it very simple.  I suspect, given the time constraints, I would have just ended up frustrated if I'd tried anything too complicated and that is not the point of either crafting cards nor for celebrating a friend's 80th birthday.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment