Friday, September 8, 2017

Bevy Of Butterflies

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card is all butterflies.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a Bazzill burgundy and a Bazzill green.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Curly Cute stamped in Bravo Burgundy on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more burgundy.  The butterfly embellishment was paper punched from more green that was coloured with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The butterfly and card are highlighted with Petal Pink Liquid Pearls.

Ever since I started cardmaking, I've had a real affinity for anything with butterflies - stamps, punches, dies, paper - it generally makes it into my stash.  I'm working hard to resist as the stash is ridiculous.  When I came across this paper in a box of donations from Crop A While, I didn't even think twice.  There were dozens of scraps and while I usually only keep one or two, I kept at least half a dozen of these pieces.  I love the colours and the scale of the butterflies is just perfect for cards.  I can't wait to craft more of these sweet butterfly cards.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment