Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Neutral Paisleys

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card features a really lovely neutral paisley.


The printed paper is K&Company Studio 112 layered on a black Bazzill and Recollections Kraft.  The images are Impression Obsession Paisleys stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White.  The sentiment is Annabelle Stamps All Things Grow also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and layered on more black and Kraft.  The sentiment panel is highlighted with Onyx Pearl Liquid Pearls.

When I came across this paper pad in the box of Crop A While donations I found it extremely appealing.  The pad contains a variety of prints that I thought would work great for masculine cards, especially in this colour palette.  Like butterflies and holly, I have a real soft spot for paisleys so when I came across this piece of paper I knew I'd use it for a card.  I don't think it's all that masculine but the neutral colours are still great for a more feminine card.  I was really impressed with the stamped paisleys.  These are really detailed stamps and the Versafine worked beautifully.  I like how well the font of the sentiment works with the lines in the paisleys.  It's always wonderful when the results are so pleasing.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment