Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Spectacularly Striped

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card uses some great paper donated by Crop A While.


The printed paper is of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Penny Black Happy, Happy stamped in Stampin' Up Night of Navy on Very Vanilla.  The branch is cut from a piece of Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper with a Docrafts X Cut Leaves die.

I found this scrap of donated paper with a border already punched.  I don't know if it was punched separately or if the paper was manufactured with the border.  I was able to trim it perfectly even which makes me grateful that I used these smaller card bases.  It took me quite a while to figure out an embellishment so when I found this piece of alcohol inked paper in my stash, I was ecstatic!  The colours of the paper coordinate perfectly with the colours of the stripes.  I seriously doubt I could have replicated this happy accident on purpose.  It sent me to a very, very happy place!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment