Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Watercolour Dragonfly

Hello everyone,

Today's watercolour birthday card is also Asian inspired.


The image is Stampin' Up Asian Artistry which was coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons and spritzed with water then stamped on Recollections White and layered on Stampin' Up Sahara Sand.  The background image is Stampin' Up Watercolour Wash stamped in Altenew Limestone.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warmest Regards stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite.

I really like using background stamps and thought I'd give it a try with a watercolour image.  I'm not sure if I like it or not.  It's still a somewhat clean and simple card and the ink colour in the background works well with the image panel.  I just think there is something 'off' but I can't quite figure out what it is.  I still like this card a lot, I just wish I could figure out what bothers me about it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment