Sunday, September 17, 2017

Watercolour Tulips

Hello everyone,

The next dozen or so birthday cards use watercolour crayons instead of ink for stamping the images as well as a host of Stampin' Up stamps that I dusted off.


The image is Stampin' Up Blessed Easter which was coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons and spritzed with water then stamped on Recollections White.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Short & Sweet stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite.  The focal panel was layered on Stampin' Up Rose Red and Garden Green.

This is one of my favourite stamping techniques.  I find it only really works with red rubber stamps.  It can be tricky, not enough water and the image won't stamp or, too much water and the image bleeds horribly.  I really have to dig out my not readily available supplies for this type of stamping so I tend to do a whole bunch of images at the same time.  With the seventy birthday cards in this series, I figured this was the perfect excuse to play.  I have a dozen or more images that I'll turn into some really great birthday cards.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment