Saturday, October 28, 2017

Too Early Lost

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a sympathy card that I crafted on behalf of my daughter.  One of the girls she worked with over the summer unexpectedly passed away a few weeks ago.  She was only nineteen.


The image is Stampin' Up Tie Dyed stamped in Altenew Caribbean Sky, Lavender Fields, Midnight Violet and Puffy Heart on Recollections White and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The side panel was layered on a purple of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Verve Forever In Our Hearts stamped in Lavender Fields.  The embellishment is a heart brad of unknown origin (likely Multicrafts).

It is exceptionally sad to craft a sympathy card for such a young person.  My daughter described her an the 'Queen of Tie Die' so it was only natural to use this funky stamp set.  I chose lighter and happier ink colours because it's was sad enough to craft this card.  I also think that when we lose someone so young, we need to remember their brightness and light.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment