Saturday, November 11, 2017

Holly Branches

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another Christmas card commissioned by a girlfriend.


The image is Stampin' Up Good Tidings stamped in Stampin' Up Old Olive and Altenew Espresso, Grapevine, Mocha, Moss and Ruby Red.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Holiday Sayings stamped in Espresso.

It took me four tries before I was at all happy with these results and even now, I have a few regrets.  I picked up this set because it's a holly image and it's a multi-step stamp.  This is what I describe as a loose image.  It's doesn't have an strong outline image that then stamped with filler images.  While in some ways this is more forgiving, I found that ink colour is going to matter because otherwise it's just going to look like a blob of ink.  After all the frustration, I decided I just wanted to finish this card so once the sentiment was stamped, I moved on!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment