Thursday, November 16, 2017

Holly Vine

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card post uses another wonderful leftover piece that I found in my stash.


The printed paper is Anna Griffin Yuletide Greetings layered on a mirrored dark green of unknown origin.  The image is Penny Black Holly Berries die cut from more mirrored green and is highlighted with Xmas Red Stickles.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Clear Stamp Set stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla.

I'm not sure how I feel about this card.  I should love it because of the holly but it's not a favourite.  I think the problem is the monochromatic green doesn't work the way I thought it would.  I suspect if I'd used a different colour background, perhaps a textured solid, the lovely flourished holly branch would have stood out more.  It's not that I hate this card.  It's a good card.  I just am not as in love with as I'd would have wished.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment