Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Natural Greetings

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card is much more on the traditional side.


The images are Stampin' Up Watercolor Winter stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Altenew Evergreen, and Close To My Heart Tulip on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is Cornish Heritage Farms Vintage Christmas Expressions stamped in Early Espresso.  The poinsettia is highlighted with Gold Pearl Liquid Pearls.  The focal panel is layered on a mirrored red and a shimmery brown of unknown origin.

As much as I may have buyers regret of the two-step Christmas stamped I tried a few days ago, this stamp I've loved ever since the first time I used it.  I used every image in this set and while at first i thought I may have gone a little far, I actually really like the results.  Notwithstanding the gold center of the poinsettia, I couldn't figure out where else to add embellishments so I used a thin reveal on the layers.  It works as a great contrast for the naturalness of the images.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment